IMPORTANT: Online Banking Upgrade Information
As Heritage Bank completes its system conversion to our new Online Banking website, you will need to modify your QuickBooks settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data. To complete these instructions, download the PDFs below that apply to you and follow their instructions.
This update is time sensitive. The download from our current Online Banking site must be done by Thursday, November 13th at 5:00pm. You can reactivate your account on Monday, November 17th at 8:00am.
Customer information is a valuable asset. Financial institutions are entrusted with personal information that must be kept confidential. Heritage Bank is committed to preserving and protecting customer information and has developed the following Information Security Policy:
- Customer information is kept secure and confidential. Heritage Bank has implemented a series of controls that help safeguard information from unauthorized viewing.
- Heritage Bank will protect against unauthorized access to or use of such information.
- Information about customers will not be sold, exchanged, or distributed without their prior written consent.
- Existing and anticipated threats to Heritage Bank’s Security Program will be documented, along with the measures to minimize the likelihood of the threats becoming a reality.
- Management will constantly monitor for new threats to the Security Program. The bank will also have an annual review of both the bank internally operated and outsourced information technology operations by a qualified third party.
- Ensure the proper disposal of customer information and consumer information.
Identity theft involves acquiring key pieces of someone's identifying information, such as name, address, date of birth, social security number, and mother's maiden name, in order to impersonate them. This information enables the identity thief to commit numerous forms of fraud which include but are not limited to using a victim's financial accounts, applying for loans, credit cards, and social security benefits.
To help reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim of identity theft, please read the following helpful tips:
- Never give personal information over the phone, such as your social security number, date of birth, mother's maiden name, credit card number, or bank PIN code, unless you initiated the phone call.
- Beware of mail or telephone solicitations disguised as promotions offering instant prizes or awards designed solely to obtain your bank account information or credit card numbers.
- Never leave receipts at bank ATM machines, bank teller windows, or trash receptacles.
- Memorize your social security number and all of your passwords. Do not record your social security number or passwords on anything that you carry.
- Promptly remove mail from your mailbox.
- Deposit outgoing mail in post office collection mailboxes or at your local post office. Do not leave outgoing mail in your mailbox at home.
- Shred pre-approved credit applications, credit card receipts, bills and other financial information before discarding them in the trash.
If you feel that you may have compromised your personal information, please call Heritage Bank toll free at 870-802-2300.